There is a ginormous bathtub in my parent’s bathroom. We call it “mom’s tub” and it’s rumored that it was a large percentage of the reason my parents decided to buy our house 5 or so years ago. To be honest, it’s kind of a pain in the ass to fill with water and sometimes the hot water runs out before the tub is even close to full, but talk about first world problems, right?
Anyways, I don’t use my parent’s bathroom or bathtub very often, but this summer I had the pleasure of being left home alone for three weeks while my parents went on vacation. It was a glorious three weeks of summery freedom and funemployment and consisted of a lot of late nights drinking on my back patio with friends. One night, I had a few friends over and after a drink or ten we decided it was bubble bath time. Calm down, everyone had or borrowed bathing suits.
It was the middle of August so we didn’t really care about the temperature of the water, only that there were TONS of bubbles and we could all squeeze in at once. We succeeded, with photo evidence to prove it, and while I may have slipped on my way out of the tub with a bloody toe to show for it, we had a freakin’ fabulous time.
The moral of the story? December 5th is National Bathtub Party day! While I highly recommend it involves friends, bubbles and bathing suits, you might also try having a party of one. Here’s an alternative suggestion: Stop by to to wish us a happy bathtub party day on your way home from work tonight, pick up one of our new wintery scented Wyk candles and some Bath Tea, head home and have a nice relaxing bathtub party for one? Sounds like heaven to me.
So, what do you think?
Welcome to Kards Unlimited!
Pittsburgh, PA, 15232
Monday — Saturday:
9:30 AM — 9:00 PM
12 PM — 5:00 PM
We are a 3rd generation, family-owned retail experience! We are unique, eclectic, sometimes irreverent, and sometimes weird (and we are referring to both the staff and the store). In short, we are as far removed from a “Hallmark style” cookie-cutter chain store as you can get. We want to share with you what makes us different, and why that’s a good thing. We have been amusing ourselves and the Shadyside community for more then 40 years, and now its time to share the love.
SUMMER READING 2015 STAFF PICKS!
- Seven Books to Make Your Summer Even Hotter
- Liz’s Summer Reading Selections
- Athena’s Summer Seven
- JP’s Summer Reading
- Chris’ Summer Reading
- Adam’s Summer Reading!
Follow Us Everywhere:
Follow ku on Twitter!
GREAT SCOTT!! The Think Shadyside #SidewalkSale is in full swing today! Stop by our tent out front and be our friend! Bring your dog, too! Bonus points if its name is Einstein.
Whose faces lurk beneath these masks? Get to know your freaky neighbors at the #Shadyside #SidewalkSale! Stop by today and tomorrow! #Pittsburgh #ShopLocal #ShopSmall
You don't have plans for today? Get yourself over here! This is the only time the store expands onto the sidewalk! HOW COOL IS THAT?! Think Shadyside #SidewalkSale
All #SidewalkSale books are $5! Come check it out! So many to choose from #shadyside #Pittsburgh #books @eatlocalshopsmall
Day two of the @ThinkShadyside #SidewalkSale. Make sure you take a walk down Walnut and Ellsworth today and SEE ALL THE THINGS! We'll be out until about 7:30 or 8.
Shadyside Sidewalk Sale is a go! We are set up now through Saturday with lots of good stuff for you to peruse. #shopsmall #shadyside
Kards Unlimited with Jessi Sedon-Essad and 3 others
August is almost upon us. Here are some August Events to look forward to!
#SidewalkSale day is here! We'll be out front with tons of neat stuff alllllllllll day. You can catch us every day until Sunday because we love the SIDEWALK SALE!
There's a new Dr. Seuss book out today, which was believed to have been written sometime during the 1950's and 1960's. It's got all the charm of the classics! No green breakfast foods or hat-wearing cats, though. Sob. #book #booksofku #drseuss #illustration
Are you ready for the Think Shadyside #SideWalk sale tomorrow!? If you're not, it goes through Sunday so you um still have plenty of time to prep. And by prep we mean make a plan to come visit us in our tent *wink*
2 days until the Think Shadyside #SidewalkSale starts! It goes from Wednesday to Sunday and we're SO EXCITED!! We love the sidewalk sale. And you and your beautiful faces.
The @ThinkShadyside #BurgerCookOff is tonight from 6-8! Walk off your burgers after the event and come tell us who won! BURGERS!
Kards Unlimited with Christopher Ranallo
The Think Shadyside #SidewalkSale starts on Wednesday! We have all kinds of good stuff for sale this year. We'll see you bright and early Wednesday!
The lists themselves:
- KU Summer Reading: Comics You Should Read Right Away
- KU Summer Reading: Books I’ve Been Meaning to Read
- KU Summer Reading: Classic Books You’re Guaranteed to Love if You ARE A Psychopath!
- KU Summer Reading: Classic Books You’re Guaranteed to Love, Unless You’re a Psychopath
- KU Summer Reading Extravaganza 2014!
- 13 Books About Children Who Stumble Through Magical Portals Into Alternate Realms
- KU Summer Reading Extravaganza!
- Top 10 Horror Books for Halloween
Mystery Series Week!
A Guide to Mystery Series.
Banned Books Week 2012:
The KU Calendar of Events!
- July 2015 Calendar of Events
- June 2015 Calendar of Events
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: May!
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: April!
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: March!
Love these books!
- KU’s Book Bites: Fortunately, the Milk
- KU’s Book Bites: The Book of Lost Things
- KU’s Book Bites: Soon I Will Be Invincible
- KU’s Book Bites: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- Cool Stuff Tuesday! Books!
Cooking with Kards!
Our most recent CWK posts!
- Cooking With Kards: Barefoot Contessa at Home
- Cooking With Kards: Ice Cream Edition!
- Cooking with Kards: A Feast of Ice and Fire
- Cooking with Kards: 50 Shades of Kale
- Cooking with Kards: True Blood Holy Hoecakes
KU’s Great Gift Ideas!
Gift Idea Posts!
- KU’s Great Gift Ideas! Why a pen is the perfect gift!
- KU’s Simple, Two-step Program for Upping Your Christmas Card Game!
- KU’s Great Gift Ideas: The Christmas Series! Stocking Stuffers for the Reader(s) in Your Life!
- Gifts for Your Compulsively Organized Friends!
- Gifts for Your Friends Who Enjoy Potent Potables!
FABULOUS CARD LINES!
KU’s Don’t Quote Me Kards
KU’s New School Holiday Kards
KU’s Rage Face Kards
Arte di Strazza
Bird and the Beard
Found Image Press
Kiss Me Kwik
Old Tom Foolery
Red Cap Cards
Vash Designs (NSFW)