Dear Mr. Rogers,
When I was little I was all about watching your show. You were just so calm, and kind, and loving. I learned a lot from you. I think you were probably my second best example of patience and kindness in my young life. (My mother was number one of course.)
It may have just been a TV show, but Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood helped me become the person I am today. I am pretty sad that kids these days might grow up not knowing who you are. Who will be their example of unending patience and kindness?
Thanks for everything you taught me,
Today we Celebrate Won’t You Be My Neighbor Day, which is also Mr. Fred Roger’s birthday.
Check out the video below to learn some fun facts about dear ol’ Fred.
If you or someone you know is just as in love with this man as we are, make sure you stop in to see our rather size-able collection of Mr. Roger’s gift items and books!
So, what do you think?
Welcome to Kards Unlimited!
Pittsburgh, PA, 15232
Monday — Saturday:
9:30 AM — 9:00 PM
12 PM — 5:00 PM
We are a 3rd generation, family-owned retail experience! We are unique, eclectic, sometimes irreverent, and sometimes weird (and we are referring to both the staff and the store). In short, we are as far removed from a “Hallmark style” cookie-cutter chain store as you can get. We want to share with you what makes us different, and why that’s a good thing. We have been amusing ourselves and the Shadyside community for more than 40 years, and now its time to share the love.
Follow Us Everywhere:
It's National Pencil Day! We ❤ ✏️'s AND we ❤coloring AND we ❤ space, so this is all of our favorite things in one. #pencil #pencilday #nationalpencilday #pickyaboutpencils #space #coloring #drawing
Don't mind meee just pretend like I'm not even here
When you hear something but you don't know what it was
The things we find in the attic of Kards Unlimited, let alone the stories we could tell you about this building's history. #springcleaning #history #jazzclub #manonthemoon #oswald #wwii #morewherethatcamefrom
Our next book for #KuBookClub is Stacy Schiff's "The Witches: Salem 1692", Sunday April 23rd at 6pm! #witches #salem #bookstagram
KU’s Great Gift Ideas!
- Top 10 Awesomely Awesome Gifts, Recommended By Awesome People
10 Mar 2017
- Get Lit This Valentine’s: 10 Literary Gifts For Your Book Nerd!
10 Feb 2017
- Top Ten gifts for Death
30 Oct 2016
- Top 10 Gifts that you should know we sell!
10 Sep 2016
- Top Ten Gifts for Fun Sexy Times with your Fun Sexy Friend.
5 Sep 2016
- Top Ten Gifts for people who can’t get enough Harry Potter
28 Jul 2016
Fun Reading Lists!
- Even More Summer Reading Lists!
- Jessi’s Summer Reading picks!
- J.D.‘s Summer Reading Picks!
- Mariann’s Summer Reading Picks
- Adam’s Summer Reading Picks!
- March 2017 Calendar of Events
- February 2017 Calendar of Events
- January 2017 Calendar of Events
- December 2016 Calendar of Events
- November 2016 Holidays
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Review: The Golden Compass
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
- “Carry On, Jeeves” wrap up
Cooking with Kards!
- Easy Food Fast: Potatoes Anna
- Drunken Cookbook: Big Lebowski Sundae
- Cooking With Kards: The Cookie Edition
- Barefoot Contessa at Home
- Cooking With Kards: Ice Cream Edition!
We have a Book Club!
- Book Club Wrap-Up: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes!
- Book Club Wrap Up: The Once and Future King Part 2, 3 & 4
- February Book Club Wrap-up: Once and Future King Part 1
- November Book Club Wrap-up: Lolita
- September Book Club Wrap-Up: Something Wicked
FABULOUS CARD LINES!
Arte di Strazza
Bird and the Beard
Found Image Press
Kiss Me Kwik
Old Tom Foolery
Red Cap Cards
Vash Designs (NSFW)