A cool breeze on your bare upper thighs, the tingling sensation of freedom, the hard stare of a stranger’s eye, it must be No Pants Day! May 3rd is National No Pants Day, or if you’re anything like me, it’s the weekend and everyday after 7:00 pm.
My crest. My creed.
I am a firm believer that pants are overrated. Unfortunately, society does not share these beliefs. Luckily, there are enough of my non-trouser wearing brethren that we’ve managed to take giant step forward with No Pants Day, to rid the world of the pants menace. I’ve been giving the term “fire-crotch” a whole new meaning since 1999.
Hail Me, Destroyer of Pants!
The entire point of No Pants Day is to wear a normal outfit, simply without pants, as if the participant simply forgot to put them on, and to look ridiculous in the process. Promoters state that the holiday is about not taking oneself seriously. The holiday is an example of surreal humor, which relies on an absurd situation (in this case, crowds of people walking around wearing no pants). What’s not to love?
Nothing to see here…
or… no, wait, that is something to see…
Unbuckle that belt, loosen the string, zip down that fly, unbutton the button, do a bum shake, and let those pants fall to the floor.
Show off the goods. And remember, when in doubt…
So, what do you think?
Welcome to Kards Unlimited!
Pittsburgh, PA, 15232
Monday — Saturday:
9:30 AM — 9:00 PM
12 PM — 5:00 PM
We are a 3rd generation, family-owned retail experience! We are unique, eclectic, sometimes irreverent, and sometimes weird (and we are referring to both the staff and the store). In short, we are as far removed from a “Hallmark style” cookie-cutter chain store as you can get. We want to share with you what makes us different, and why that’s a good thing. We have been amusing ourselves and the Shadyside community for more then 40 years, and now its time to share the love.
SUMMER READING 2015 STAFF PICKS!
- Michael’s Summer Reading Picks!
- Peanut’s Seven Books to Make Your Summer Even Hotter
- Liz’s Summer Reading Selections
- Athena’s Summer Seven
- JP’s Summer Reading
- Chris’ Summer Reading
- Adam’s Summer Reading!
Follow Us Everywhere:
Follow ku on Twitter!
Kards Unlimited with Jeffrey Scott and Athena Anne
#October is the BEST time for #hats! #Halloween is just around the corner #Costume #Royalty #Pittsburgh #Shadyside #WalnutStreet
Watch out, we got a badass over here. #NeildeGrasseTyson turns 57 today! #RageFace #Mars #PlanetPlate #CardsOfKU #Science #Space #Planet #Birthday #Pittsburgh #Shadyside #WalnutStreet
Happy Birthday to one of the greatest players to ever take to the ice, Mario Lemieux!
Vodka is just awesome water. Happy National Vodka Day! Down the hatch!
Can't keep track of important dates like Oct. 3rd? Try an old school calendar. #MeanGirlsDay
Happy birthday, #Snoopy! You *could* say we have a slight obsession, but who could really blame us? #Peanuts #Woodstock #Lucy #Mug #SaltAndPepperShakers #BooksOfKU #Planner #Gift #Pittsburgh #Shadyside #GiftShop #WalnutStreet
#October is #NationalCookbookMonth! Hooray, #cooking and #baking! What's your favorite #cookbook? #BooksOfKU #Pittsburgh #Shadyside #BooksOfInstagram #Bookstagram #BookPorn #LearnToCook! #Meatless #TheFamilyDinner #TheGloriousPastaOfItaly #FoodToLiveBy #TheFrenchMarketCookBook
What are you reading for #BannedBooksWeek? We encourage the consumption of subversive literature all year round #BannedBooks #BannedBook #Lit #BooksOfInstagram #BookPorn #Bookstagram #IReadBannedBooks #BookWorm #Books #Literature #BooksOfKU
Good things are sure to come, once you've had your coffee, that is. It's #NationalCoffeeDay! We run on coffee here at KU. Coffee and champagne ☕ #Coffee #CoffeeDay #Caffeine #Caffeinated #Champagne #Shadyside #Pittsburgh #WalnutStreet #LePen #Journal #Bach #Mug #Quote #Quotable
The lists themselves:
- Summer Bingo Recommendation Lists
- Books to read if you think girls should be taken more seriously
- Books to read if you want to eat healthy for some reason.
- Comics You Should Read Right Away
- Books I’ve Been Meaning to Read
The KU Calendar of Events!
- August 2015 Calendar of Events
- July 2015 Calendar of Events
- June 2015 Calendar of Events
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: May!
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: April!
Love these books!
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Review: The Golden Compass
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
- “Carry On, Jeeves” wrap up
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Cooking with Kards!
Our most recent CWK posts!
- Barefoot Contessa at Home
- Cooking With Kards: Ice Cream Edition!
- Cooking with Kards: A Feast of Ice and Fire
- Cooking with Kards: 50 Shades of Kale
- Cooking with Kards: True Blood Holy Hoecakes
KU’s Great Gift Ideas!
Gift Idea Posts!
- Gifts for your friend who wants to be a Pony
- A gender-free shopping guide for greeting cards!
- KU’s Great Gift Ideas! Why a pen is the perfect gift!
- Gifts to give some one with a brand new office job! Or the same old boring office job!
- Gifts for Your Compulsively Organized Friends!
We have a Book Club!
What happened at book club?
- September Book Club Wrap-Up: Something Wicked
- August Book Club Review
- “Carry On, Jeeves” wrap up
- KU Book Club Prep: A P.G. Wodehouse Primer!
- May Book Club Wrap-up
FABULOUS CARD LINES!
KU’s Don’t Quote Me Kards
KU’s New School Holiday Kards
KU’s Rage Face Kards
Arte di Strazza
Bird and the Beard
Found Image Press
Kiss Me Kwik
Old Tom Foolery
Red Cap Cards
Vash Designs (NSFW)