A cool breeze on your bare upper thighs, the tingling sensation of freedom, the hard stare of a stranger’s eye, it must be No Pants Day! May 3rd is National No Pants Day, or if you’re anything like me, it’s the weekend and everyday after 7:00 pm.
My crest. My creed.
I am a firm believer that pants are overrated. Unfortunately, society does not share these beliefs. Luckily, there are enough of my non-trouser wearing brethren that we’ve managed to take giant step forward with No Pants Day, to rid the world of the pants menace. I’ve been giving the term “fire-crotch” a whole new meaning since 1999.
Hail Me, Destroyer of Pants!
The entire point of No Pants Day is to wear a normal outfit, simply without pants, as if the participant simply forgot to put them on, and to look ridiculous in the process. Promoters state that the holiday is about not taking oneself seriously. The holiday is an example of surreal humor, which relies on an absurd situation (in this case, crowds of people walking around wearing no pants). What’s not to love?
Nothing to see here…
or… no, wait, that is something to see…
Unbuckle that belt, loosen the string, zip down that fly, unbutton the button, do a bum shake, and let those pants fall to the floor.
Show off the goods. And remember, when in doubt…
So, what do you think?
Welcome to Kards Unlimited!
Pittsburgh, PA, 15232
Monday — Saturday:
9:30 AM — 9:00 PM
12 PM — 5:00 PM
We are a 3rd generation, family-owned retail experience! We are unique, eclectic, sometimes irreverent, and sometimes weird (and we are referring to both the staff and the store). In short, we are as far removed from a “Hallmark style” cookie-cutter chain store as you can get. We want to share with you what makes us different, and why that’s a good thing. We have been amusing ourselves and the Shadyside community for more then 40 years, and now its time to share the love.
SUMMER READING 2015 STAFF PICKS!
- Michael’s Summer Reading Picks!
- Peanut’s Seven Books to Make Your Summer Even Hotter
- Liz’s Summer Reading Selections
- Athena’s Summer Seven
- JP’s Summer Reading
- Chris’ Summer Reading
- Adam’s Summer Reading!
Follow Us Everywhere:
Follow ku on Twitter!
Today on the blog, Peanut gets WAY excited about Library Card Sign-up Month! Having fun isn't hard, when you've got a library card. We <3 Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh!
And so, #KUBookBingo comes to a close. Phew! Serious kudos to those of you who stayed up all night reading to cross off one more square! We'll be announcing the winner on the 8th, so make sure you stay in touch!
Happy #September! Come take a look at le chalkboard wall to see everything we're gettin HYPE about this month. #GoFallGo #Autumn #Shadyside #Pittsburgh #ThingsToCelebrate #Events #Birthdays
Welcome, #September! We're celebrating some very cool things this month, from #BannedBooksWeek to #TolkienWeek to #NationalDogWeek and everything in between, there's something for everyone! What are you most excited about?!
#KUBookBingo ends TONIGHT at midnight!! Get your squares submitted if you haven't yet! How many books did *you* read this summer? #SummerReading #Books
Happy #Sunday, Facebook followers! We’re here from 12-5 during the Howard Alan Events Art Festival, so be sure to come visit us. Now’s the best time to get your 2016 calendars, posters, and Halloween costumes! #HAEArtFest
The #HAEArtFest is hoppin! Art, music, food, and jewelry. Really, heaven on earth. Come see us if you're here! #Pittsburgh #WhatToDo412 #Shadyside #ArtFestival #KardsUnlimited
Good mooooorning #Shadyside! We’re up bright and early today and are highly caffeinated for the Howard Alan Events Art Festival on Walnut. Catch us here until 9 PM today. We want to see your beautiful faces! #HAEArtFest
We're so EXCITED for the Howard Alan Events #Shadyside Art festival tomorrow and Sunday! Stop in to see *us* for free air conditioning and a peek at all of the great stuff we have for back to school, and even #Halloween :) #HAEArtFest
Monday is your last chance to get your #KUBookBingo squares submitted! Keep an eye out for a special announcement once we've announced the winner! #Books #Lit #Bookstagram #Pittsburgh #Shadyside #WalnutStreet #Kardsunlimited #Game #SummerReading
New Hello!Lucky Stationery cards are here and FREAKING adorable, as always. #GreetingCards #Cats #Kitties #Bears #Cacti #BlankCards #Pittsburgh #Shadyside #WalnutStreet #CardsOfKU
Kards Unlimited with Christopher Ranallo and 2 others
If it happens to rain these men will SIZZLE they're so hot 🔥 Sporting none other than some of our new KU designed t's ?? #Pittsburgh #Shadyside #Hotties #WalnutStreet #Tshirts #MenOfKU #Models #TheyWokeUpLikeThis #Flawless
The lists themselves:
- Summer Bingo Recommendation Lists
- Books to read if you think girls should be taken more seriously
- Books to read if you want to eat healthy for some reason.
- Comics You Should Read Right Away
- Books I’ve Been Meaning to Read
The KU Calendar of Events!
- August 2015 Calendar of Events
- July 2015 Calendar of Events
- June 2015 Calendar of Events
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: May!
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: April!
Love these books!
- Review: The Golden Compass
- Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman
- “Carry On, Jeeves” wrap up
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix
Cooking with Kards!
Our most recent CWK posts!
- Barefoot Contessa at Home
- Cooking With Kards: Ice Cream Edition!
- Cooking with Kards: A Feast of Ice and Fire
- Cooking with Kards: 50 Shades of Kale
- Cooking with Kards: True Blood Holy Hoecakes
KU’s Great Gift Ideas!
Gift Idea Posts!
- Gifts for your friend who wants to be a Pony
- A gender-free shopping guide for greeting cards!
- KU’s Great Gift Ideas! Why a pen is the perfect gift!
- Gifts to give some one with a brand new office job! Or the same old boring office job!
- Gifts for Your Compulsively Organized Friends!
We have a Book Club!
What happened at book club?
- August Book Club Review
- “Carry On, Jeeves” wrap up
- KU Book Club Prep: A P.G. Wodehouse Primer!
- May Book Club Wrap-up
- May KU Book Club Book: Stardust by Neil Gaiman
FABULOUS CARD LINES!
KU’s Don’t Quote Me Kards
KU’s New School Holiday Kards
KU’s Rage Face Kards
Arte di Strazza
Bird and the Beard
Found Image Press
Kiss Me Kwik
Old Tom Foolery
Red Cap Cards
Vash Designs (NSFW)