A cool breeze on your bare upper thighs, the tingling sensation of freedom, the hard stare of a stranger’s eye, it must be No Pants Day! May 3rd is National No Pants Day, or if you’re anything like me, it’s the weekend and everyday after 7:00 pm.
My crest. My creed.
I am a firm believer that pants are overrated. Unfortunately, society does not share these beliefs. Luckily, there are enough of my non-trouser wearing brethren that we’ve managed to take giant step forward with No Pants Day, to rid the world of the pants menace. I’ve been giving the term “fire-crotch” a whole new meaning since 1999.
Hail Me, Destroyer of Pants!
The entire point of No Pants Day is to wear a normal outfit, simply without pants, as if the participant simply forgot to put them on, and to look ridiculous in the process. Promoters state that the holiday is about not taking oneself seriously. The holiday is an example of surreal humor, which relies on an absurd situation (in this case, crowds of people walking around wearing no pants). What’s not to love?
Nothing to see here…
or… no, wait, that is something to see…
Unbuckle that belt, loosen the string, zip down that fly, unbutton the button, do a bum shake, and let those pants fall to the floor.
Show off the goods. And remember, when in doubt…
So, what do you think?
Welcome to Kards Unlimited!
Pittsburgh, PA, 15232
Monday — Saturday:
9:30 AM — 9:00 PM
12 PM — 5:00 PM
We are a 3rd generation, family-owned retail experience! We are unique, eclectic, sometimes irreverent, and sometimes weird (and we are referring to both the staff and the store). In short, we are as far removed from a “Hallmark style” cookie-cutter chain store as you can get. We want to share with you what makes us different, and why that’s a good thing. We have been amusing ourselves and the Shadyside community for more then 40 years, and now its time to share the love.
SUMMER READING 2015 STAFF PICKS!
- Seven Books to Make Your Summer Even Hotter
- Liz’s Summer Reading Selections
- Athena’s Summer Seven
- JP’s Summer Reading
- Chris’ Summer Reading
- Adam’s Summer Reading!
Follow Us Everywhere:
Follow ku on Twitter!
Kards Unlimited with Jessi Sedon-Essad and 3 others
August is almost upon us. Here are some August Events to look forward to!
#SidewalkSale day is here! We'll be out front with tons of neat stuff alllllllllll day. You can catch us every day until Sunday because we love the SIDEWALK SALE!
There's a new Dr. Seuss book out today, which was believed to have been written sometime during the 1950's and 1960's. It's got all the charm of the classics! No green breakfast foods or hat-wearing cats, though. Sob. #book #booksofku #drseuss #illustration
Are you ready for the Think Shadyside #SideWalk sale tomorrow!? If you're not, it goes through Sunday so you um still have plenty of time to prep. And by prep we mean make a plan to come visit us in our tent *wink*
2 days until the Think Shadyside #SidewalkSale starts! It goes from Wednesday to Sunday and we're SO EXCITED!! We love the sidewalk sale. And you and your beautiful faces.
The @ThinkShadyside #BurgerCookOff is tonight from 6-8! Walk off your burgers after the event and come tell us who won! BURGERS!
Kards Unlimited with Christopher Ranallo
The Think Shadyside #SidewalkSale starts on Wednesday! We have all kinds of good stuff for sale this year. We'll see you bright and early Wednesday!
Kards Unlimited with Jessi Sedon-Essad
We're chalking ALL THE THINGS today because #SidewalkChalkSaturday. #AllTheThings #Shadyside #Pittsburgh #SidewalkChalk #Art
Kards Unlimited with Athena Anne
Happy National Tequila Day! We recommend waiting until you get home from work to start imbibing, but nobody ever said we had to take our own advice. *wiiiiiink* #nationaltequiladay #cardsofku
Happy Birthday to our ever-handsome Harry Potter, Mr. Daniel Radcliffe himself. May wisdom and bravery guide you till the end of your days. And may you soon pose in an underwear shoot with Neville Longbottom. Please and thank you. #harrypotter #potterfandom #danielradcliffe #birthday #BooksofKU
A modern shirt for the modern Pittsburgher. Lovingly designed by our very own @phoenixs0ng! #humorous #tshirt #pittsburgh #shadyside
Kards Unlimited with Kristen Glass
Kristen and Ganley went to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Sunday! Ganley wanted to drive, but she didn't let him. For obvious reasons. #pittsburgh #ganleythebirthdayhedgehog
Ganley had some fun at the Vintage Grand Prix this past weekend!
The lists themselves:
- KU Summer Reading: Comics You Should Read Right Away
- KU Summer Reading: Books I’ve Been Meaning to Read
- KU Summer Reading: Classic Books You’re Guaranteed to Love if You ARE A Psychopath!
- KU Summer Reading: Classic Books You’re Guaranteed to Love, Unless You’re a Psychopath
- KU Summer Reading Extravaganza 2014!
- 13 Books About Children Who Stumble Through Magical Portals Into Alternate Realms
- KU Summer Reading Extravaganza!
- Top 10 Horror Books for Halloween
Mystery Series Week!
A Guide to Mystery Series.
Banned Books Week 2012:
The KU Calendar of Events!
- July 2015 Calendar of Events
- June 2015 Calendar of Events
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: May!
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: April!
- Kards Unlimited Calendar of Events: March!
Love these books!
- KU’s Book Bites: Fortunately, the Milk
- KU’s Book Bites: The Book of Lost Things
- KU’s Book Bites: Soon I Will Be Invincible
- KU’s Book Bites: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- Cool Stuff Tuesday! Books!
Cooking with Kards!
Our most recent CWK posts!
- Cooking With Kards: Barefoot Contessa at Home
- Cooking With Kards: Ice Cream Edition!
- Cooking with Kards: A Feast of Ice and Fire
- Cooking with Kards: 50 Shades of Kale
- Cooking with Kards: True Blood Holy Hoecakes
KU’s Great Gift Ideas!
Gift Idea Posts!
- KU’s Great Gift Ideas! Why a pen is the perfect gift!
- KU’s Simple, Two-step Program for Upping Your Christmas Card Game!
- KU’s Great Gift Ideas: The Christmas Series! Stocking Stuffers for the Reader(s) in Your Life!
- Gifts for Your Compulsively Organized Friends!
- Gifts for Your Friends Who Enjoy Potent Potables!
FABULOUS CARD LINES!
KU’s Don’t Quote Me Kards
KU’s New School Holiday Kards
KU’s Rage Face Kards
Arte di Strazza
Bird and the Beard
Found Image Press
Kiss Me Kwik
Old Tom Foolery
Red Cap Cards
Vash Designs (NSFW)